Offer Your Employees the Benefit
Giving Through a
Workplace Charitable Campaign
Over 50 local businesses understand the strength of collective giving and offer their employees the benefit of giving through a workplace charitable campaign.
Workplace charitable campaigns build upon an organization’s culture of philanthropy and social responsibility. Employees appreciate the ease and value of giving through payroll deduction. Companies that support their United Way are credited with caring about their communities, and in turn, their employees and their families.
With your help, we can create long-term positive change and gain social and economic benefits for our community by investing today in Education, Health, and Financial Stability.
United Way of Junction City/Geary County has the scope, expertise, and influence to bring together non-profit organizations, government, businesses, private foundations, and dedicated volunteers who are connected by a common vision. With your help, we can continue to implement programs, invest in solutions, build connections, and leverage existing resources to create positive change for a better tomorrow.
When employees give to a United Way workplace charitable campaign, they know their hard-earned dollars are wisely invested into...
Ensuring young girls grow up to be strong women – Girl Scouts of NE KS & NW MO
Training new advocates for children in need of protection – CASA 8th Judicial District
Mental health and substance use treatment, as well as recovery services – Pawnee Mental Health Services
Providing food for the hungry in Geary County – Geary County Food Pantry
Ensuring that children with special needs never get left out – JC Pacesetters/Special Olympics
Ensuring that the elderly and those in need receive legal representation – Kansas Legal Services
Protecting victims of domestic violence – Crisis Center
Providing education about water safety to all 4th graders in USD 475 and St. Xavier - JC YMCA
Providing safe transportation for active duty and family members to approved locations - JC YMCA
Providing a hands-on experience for children as they learn about history through STEAM activities. - Geary County Historical Society
Ensuring that children in Geary County and USD 473 can start school with the supplies needed – Stuff the Bus
Programming for tax preparation for those in or around Geary County – VITA Program
Creating volunteer opportunities and relationship building – Day of Caring
Providing book for children birth to age 5 – Dolly Parton Imagination Library
One donation to United Way of Junction City/Geary County is invested in 14 local programs and initiatives that improve lives.
Workplace Campaigns are easy too, contact Nichole to learn how!
TIPS FOR RUNNING A SUCCESSFUL CAMPAIGN
- Recruit a campaign "team"
- Team members need to believe in the mission/organization that you are fundraising for
- Pick a time that works best for the company/employees
- Successful workplace campaigns can be accomplished in as little as two weeks or up to a month
- What works best for your company? Workplace campaigns are only successful if they can be done without hurting the company.
- What will get your employees eager to rally behind you?
- Oftentimes, thinking small can have a big impact: prime parking space, extra 30 min. on lunch, leaving early/coming in late, extra paid day off
- If there is an employee that likes to bake, a possible raffle item could be volunteering their time to bring in a yummy treat for the winner
- Lunch from the boss/supervisor
- Set a goal! (Goals can create momentum on their own!)
- Goals can include financial, participation, pledge cards, and more
- SHARE your goals/progress with your employee
- Set your plan in motion
- If this is your first workplace campaign or your 50th, each experience is a learning opportunity.
If you do not believe in what you are supporting, then neither will your employees.
If you would like advertising materials such as brochure cards, pamphlets, pledge cards, posters, and more, please contact our office at 785-238-2117