United Way of Junction City/Geary County provides support to the community through partnerships and direct services.
United Way of Junction City/Geary County fights for the health, education and financial stability of every person in our community. We win by living United. By forging unlikely partnerships. By finding new solutions to old problems. And by inspiring individuals to join the fight against their community’s most daunting social crises. United Way of Junction City/Geary County has continued to fight alongside our partner agencies to help provide aid to those in Geary County. With your help, we can continue to change lives.
Our direct service impacts:
Stuff the Bus (2020-2021 school year)
6,000+ items donated
$5,000+ donated to purchase additional supplies
Provided art supplies to the elementary art departments
50+ pre-filled backpacks
Day of Caring (Fall 2020)
Partnership with JCFD to provide KnoxBoxes to homeowners
Meal Kits and Grocery Assistance (March 2020-June 2020)
5,000+ meal kits distributed
1,000+ volunteer hours
$7,500 provided in grocery assitance
120+ families received grocery assistance
V.I.T.A. - Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program (Feb. 2021 - April 2021)
To date (3-16-21) over $35,000 saved in filing fees
200+ clients filed
250+ volunteer hours
Often times we ask ourselves, what can I do? What difference can one person make? The truth is, one person can make a BIG difference!
1. $35 provides 12 hours of in-person crisis intervention for Geary County domestic violence victims. That is under $3 a month. ~Crisis Center
2. $25 can cover the cost for a girl to join Girl Scouts. ~Girl Scouts
3. $30 a month can provide a family of 4, nutritious food. ~Geary County Food Pantry
4. $16 is the average cost for a military dependent to get safe transportation to the doctor. ~Operation Wheels YMCA
5. $7 a month can go to purchase life saving equipment for the 4th Grade Swim Program. ~Junction City Family YMCA
6. $15 a month provides 1 person with a warm bed and food for a night. ~Geary County Open Door.
7. $4 a day allows a child to receive a CASA advocate. ~CASA
8. $35 provides training for an athlete to join the Special Olympics. ~JC Pacesetters
9. $13 a month provides support for utilities for a family. ~Salvation Army
10. $30 a month can provide legal services that protect a victim from continued domestic violence. ~Kansas Legal Services
11. $28 ensures that a Little who is matched with a BIG, receives quality monthly match support. ~Big Brothers Big Sisters
12. $25 provides needed material for a child receiving support from Pawnee Mental Health Services. ~Pawnee Mental Health Services