Often times we ask ourselves, what can I do? What difference can one person make? The truth is, one person can make a BIG difference!
1. $35 provides 12 hours of in-person crisis intervention for Geary County domestic violence victims. That is under $3 a month. ~Crisis Center
2. $5 a month can provide credit counseling presentations for a group or class. ~Housing & Credit Counseling
3. $25 can cover the cost for a girl to join Girl Scouts. ~Girl Scouts
4. $30 a month can provide a family of 4, nutritious food. ~Geary County Food Pantry
5. $16 is the average cost for a military dependent to get safe transportation to the doctor. ~Armed Services YMCA
6. $7 a month can go to purchase life saving equipment for the 4th Grade Swim Program. ~Junction City Family YMCA
7. $15 a month provides 1 person with a warm bed and food for a night. ~Geary County Open Door.
8. $4 a day allows a child to receive a CASA advocate. ~CASA
9. $35 provides training for an athlete to join the Special Olympics. ~JC Pacesetters
10. $30 covers the application process so a family can have a safe environment for a visit or an exchange. ~Sunflower Bridge CASA
11. $13 a month provides support for utilities for a family. ~Salvation Army
12. $30 a month can provide legal services that protect a victim from continued domestic violence. ~Kansas Legal Services
13. $28 ensures that a Little who is matched with a BIG, receives quality monthly match support. ~Big Brothers Big Sisters
14. $7.25 pays for one Sleep Sack for a new baby. ~Delivering Change