Would you like to learn more about United Way of Junction City/Geary County?
How do we allocate funds?
Who makes the decision on funding an agency?
We are looking for volunteers to help with the Allocation Process.
If you, or someone you know, would like to participate, please contact the office at 785-238-2117
Allocations Panel Member Responsibilities
POSITION: Allocations Panel Member
- Attend Orientation Meeting and receive Panel Member Packet.
- Review Panel Member Packet containing allocation applications from the agencies you will be visiting and the information provided by United Way.
- Participate in the agency site visit to your assigned agencies. Take part in the discussions with the agency representatives about their programs and financial information.
- Participate in “Panel Review and Recommendations” (immediately after site visits at UW Office) to formulate funding preliminary recommendations for each visited agency.
- Complete an evaluation of the allocation process.
NOTE: Discussions are confidential. Funding recommendations are preliminary and must be finalized by the United Way Board of Directors.
1. Orientation: For new volunteers 30 minutes
2. Review panel member materials: 1 hour
3. Site visits and panel review/recommendations: 5 hours
4. Evaluation: Varies
If you would like to sit on a panel or if you would like to suggest someone to volunteer, please contact the office.
Training for new members – March 7th @ 3:00 PM (Library)
Panel 1 – March 13th 1:00PM – 5:00PM
Panel 2 – March 15th 1:00PM – 5:00PM
Panel 3 – March 20th 1:00PM – 5:00PM
Panel 4 – March 22nd 1:00PM – 5:00PM
Panel 5 – March 27th 1:00PM – 5:00PM
Panel chairs will meet on March 29th @ 1:00 PM to discuss allocations and requests.